Well here I am in Al Asad. I kept hearing how carfel and had to be. Iraq is a very dangerious place. I was looking forward to a little excitment. However I got sent to camp Cup Cake. The real danger here is trying to not die of boardem. The work pace is the slowest I have ever worked in. But the vehicles are 10 times the size of anything i have worked on. It takes an hour just to remove enough armor to see the engine.
I do get to listen to the song Babalon while in babalon. In second Nephi there is alot of talk about destroying babalon, form what I see the damage really stuck. The first thing I noticed when I got off the plane in Bagdad is this place really STINKS. I am not sure why but it could have to do with the lack of electricity. Or the fact that there is no way to stay clean. The dust builds up faster than it can be wiped off. There are a some of the coolest planes we have in the arsonel here. And an endless arrary of strange vehicles. The food is ok. But since we work 12 and a half hours a day there is not enough time to do much else. I will be posting some pictures soon. There are some historical parts to this place including a well Abraham used to stop at when he passed through. and the soccer stadium were Sadam executed his soccer team for only winning the silver medal.
I want to sincerly than everyone for keeping my Lovely wife occupied while I am away maiking cup cakes. I miss everyone very much. But I really have had the oppertunity to confirm the fact that our one nation under god is a truly blessed nation. And we are lucky to have it.
Jimmyjoebob
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's great to hear from you during your adventure in Iraq. I think blogging is a great idea to stay close. We'll be thinking of you, and praying for your safety. I'm glad you are bored. Excitement in Iraq is not something I'd want. Take care.
Noelle
Post a Comment