Sunday, July 20, 2008

Boy Have I been Lazy

I can't believe how long it has been since I posted. The weather has been a perfect 140 -150 degrees. When the wind blows it feels like it is coming out of a blow dryer. The dust storms are coming all the time. We are of course very busy. There is an endless parade of strang vehicles coming into the shop to get the ac fixed. Some times the ac system is hard to find much less repair. These are the months we earn our keep. I come home aug 14th for 11 days. From what I hear I wont recognize the house. My wife is out of control. From what I hear she is doing a great job. I may be here for 100 more years to pay for everythng. I still like being here for some reason. I miss home and my friends and family so much. My poor puppies are probably being mis treated. They are probably on a diet. When I get back aug 26 I will have less than 100 days left on this contract. I cant wait to see what the future brings. I have over 8 gigs of pictures and videos of Iraq. I am not sure what I can post and what will get me in trouble. Anyone can email me and I will work out some way of getting copys of what I have.
Jim my P51 seems to have more than a slight glitch. Seeing its completly disassembled. It did not look like it had a part on it. I was more worried about my corsair, but it looks like your hands are full. I hope to get more flying in this time around. At least night flying. I have been able to go to church pretty consistantly. That is the saving grace. This place can be very tough on the spiritual side of things. Well I should be able to post again soon. If the computer I bought had not got lost in the mail I would have internet in my room. It may still show up but I am not holding my breath. Hope to see everyone soon
Love Jimmjoebob

5 comments:

Sienna said...

Jimmy! It's been great to hear from you. Your lucky, because I was about to get on your case due to the lack of posting.
I miss you tons.
Luv ya,
Sienna

Anonymous said...

Jim,

LJ and I would love to spend time with you in August. He will be in school so we can only stay a few days.

LJ and I are currently Investigators of the Church of Later Day Saints. LJ loves the activities he has participated in with other kids. We will attend our first service on Sunday. I need to face the fact that I cannot attend service in jeans or shorts. Oh well.

I only want to see the pictures that will get you in trouble.

Thanks to karen I have a blog also. It is currently Beta but I work on it every day. It is really intended for psycho human resources people. www.cindymiller.wordpress.com

Love you and hope to hear from you soon.

Cindy

Karentucky said...

Jimmy,

I cannot imagine that type of heat even if it is dry heat. My heart goes out to you.

I have seen your new upstairs bathroom and can testify that it gorgeous. The next phase in the master bath dressing area will be a major added addition to your home.

You are missed and as a family we all look forward to your return.

In August Darrell and I will be traveling August 15th through the 26th so we might miss you on this trip home. You know we will do whatever we can to make sure we have time for you.

Love, Karen Ann

The Random Idiot said...

Opps, I thought that was your corsair...

brandonlnielson said...

What is going on buddy! We sure miss you back here! Well, good news is that no one bought your tools on ebay, bad news......someone came to my house with a lift and said they wanted to borrow them and return them in a few days (that was a couple of weeks ago) guess I should have got a phone number. J/K. The house does look great! Dina just told us yesterday that you were coming back soon. Bummer for me is that school will be starting back up Aug. 11th! I bet I will be able to find some time to play!

Take care bud!