
To My Jimmie:
An old man, going a lone highway, Came at the evening, cold and gray, To a chasm, vast and deep and wide, Through which was flowing a sullen tide. The old man crossed in the twilight dim; The sullen stream had no fears for him; But he turned when safe on the other side And built a bridge to span the tide. “Old man,” said a fellow pilgrim near, “You are wasting strength with building here; Your journey will end with the ending day; You never again must pass this way; You have crossed the chasm, deep and wide— Why build you the bridge at the eventide?” The builder lifted his old gray head: “Good friend, in the path I have come,” he said, “There followeth after me today A youth whose feet must pass this way. This chasm that has been naught to me To that fair-haired youth may a pitfall be. He, too, must cross in the twilight dim; Good friend, I am building the bridge for him.”1by: Will Allen Dromgole
I know this is your favorite and it was part of the messege last month and I found great strength agian from our leaders of our Church. President Monson went on to say that Jesus our Savior, because of the atonement completed the final bridge of our trilogy: the bridge of obedience, the bridge of service, the bridge of prayer.
Oh but wait there is ore, as I continue to read because I can not sleep. As I think of the sacrafice my Jimmie is making another messege is delivered to me by another great leader of our Church, President Packer said. "that he witnessed first hand the protecting power of obedience in the lives of missionaries (which by the way is all of us)He taught that obedience is the precondition attached to this preotecting power. (the holy ghost) He dontinues tosay if we follow the simple rules of the gospel, the commandments, and really listen, always listen the holy ghost will be with us, guide us, protect us, always warn us. We must pray always and listen always. It is obedience!!! This patternis the pattern of teh Latter-day Saint. You wer confiremed a member to the Church, and you had conferred upon you the gift of the Holy Ghost to be a guide and a companion to you. Among the merciful blessings given by God to his Latter-day Saints is the commandment to pay heed to His Living prophets. "I Beleive, "said President Gordon B Hinkley, "that if we will walk in obedience to the commandments of god....he will open a way even where there appears to be no way." from Wm Oswald Jan 08 Ensign.
Jimmie these were both great messeges for me and you have often shared them with me over the years. It was a real blessing for me to read them and have the ring of what you have taught me.
We are being obedient and we are being blessed for this. Thank you for being you and loving me the way you do. I love and miss you deeply. Your Wife
5 comments:
umm EWWWWWW it is all mushy and stuff at the end. Hey got sand? And if you still haven't figured who this anonymous person is, one more hint, you are old and moldy.
Jimmy,
We had the pleasure of having Dina for dinner last night along with the missionaries, Seifers, and Kellan and Scott. We sure missed you. Your body might not be there but you are never far from our minds and hearts.
I am typing up the notes from this past Saturday mornings meetings that the first presidency sent out: Theme; Raise up a Righteous Posterity as a Commandent. Heavenly Father gave us families first. Adam and Eve and commanded them to mulitply and replenish.
One of the comments made was the world says, "my needs aren't being meet" Best way to get over that feeling is to give sacrficie, to think about partners needs since selfishness is the #1 problem. Patterns we need to follow are prayer, scriptures, Family Home Evening a pattern to follow.
Sure miss you.
Love, Karen Ann and Darrell
This is a tear jerker. Passion for your religion and each other is amazing.
Cindy
Here is a quick greeting from Southern California, land of fires, mudslides and now rain and snow. It was so warm on Tuesday we were in shorts and tank tops, today we look like we live in Kentucky.
I spoke with Cindy today, she is doing great consider it is her first Valentine's Day without Larry.
Marilyn
Mom is doing well, I haven't see her recently but it is on the list.
I am going to Texas in a couple of weeks to see Dad.
Rachael, Uncle's friend, has not been feeling well, he is fine but worried about her.
This weekend we go to Vegas. I meet a friend of mine who has been a friend since nursing school--- Denise.
Jim what is your address? For postal mail.
That last message was from me--Marilyn
Post a Comment