Friday, February 15, 2008

Valintine's Day in JJB'sGA

The bridge builder is one of my favorite poems. And my favorite wife sending it to me makes it evan better. I really appericate the meaning behind it. There are many people with many diffrent reasons some good some bad for what we are doing here, But we are here and in the end I hope we build a bridge to freedom for some poeple who have never had it. This area of the world is in despret need of peace and understanding. Its not the only place but it is a start. Well I learned somthing new this week. I got the Iraqi krud. Its like a cold on steroids. It takes the fun out of being here. (fun?????????) It is good to see my puppies having a great time. Dusty loves the snow. Mr.Quiggles would prefer a steak. I hear he has been forced to eat dog food. How Rude. I am shocked to find out he new what it is. Valintines day here was about as fun as you think it would be. It was dirt dirt and more dirt. They baked a big heart shaped cake, that was fun to eat with a bunch of guys. I get to go home May 8 for 10 days. I am looking forward to it. Hey Phil I may be old and moldy but................... You know i just ran out of a thought. I was going to slam you but the brain just went on break.
Marlyn sure sounds like you are moving around. Vegas, Texas, Mom, Cindy. Dad has not emailed me in a long time. Send him my love. Does he know how to get on the blog? I dont have a current email adress for him. the ones I have come back. My mail adress is on the top of the blog. that is were I have to look every time I need. Dina is so smart she knew I did not know were I live.
I still feel like a truck ran me over I will post again soon.
I want to Thank everyone especially My lovely wife for all the comments and the encouragement I get. It means more to me than I can say. I take time everyday to read the scriptures. I have gained a hole new apperication for my many blessings I have been given. Cindy one thing I want to point out. I have been involved in many projects through the church, katrina, project warm as well as many individual familys. We have never ask nor do we care what church the people belong to. We step to the plate and help Beacuse it is the right thing to do. It says it the scriptures When You are in the service or Your fellow man You are in only in the service of the Lord. That is not an exact quote but it is very close. The President of our church that just died said "Our lives are the symble of our church" I hope to be the correct symble. Presidently Hinkley was a fantastic example and a great symble. Our next leader will be as well.
All my Love
Jimmy
P.S. Mr. Quiggles looks awfuly skinny. Maby you should take him to OUTBACK

2 comments:

Holly said...

Jimmy--

Dina says you got the package of Postum, let us know when you start running low again. Steve sold 15 bottles for $400 on ebay. Amazing!
We took good care of Dina on Valentine's Day--stuffed her full of lasagna and chocolate fondue. (since we couldn't fill her heart, we figured we could at least fill her belly!) If there was a way for me to mail lasagna, I would have saved some for you . . .
My parents leave for Ghana on their mission on Monday. I am feeling a bit nervous for them, but I am excited to here about all of their adventures. You will be officially closer in location to them then any of us are in about 48 hours. You are in our prayers every night. YOu have never heard anything cuter than Capri (with her New Jersey accent--we are still trying to figure out where she got it . . .) praying, "Please, bless Jimmy in Iraq". The girls CANNOT wait to see you in May! Unfortunately, Steve's car didn't feel like making it until you got back, so it is in the shop today getting fixed. We miss you, but know you are where the Lord asked you to be, and you will be blessed.
Love
Holly

Karentucky said...

Jimmy,

I am mailing off about 12 pages of fun things for you today. Dina says that you enjoy the articles that I send your way.

I put your name on the Temple prayer rolls this past Friday evening along with Dina's of course. Every two weeks I repost your name.

Know that you are never far from our minds.

Dina is coming tonight for dinner. We are having dinner and FHE. Brian was in charge of the lesson at his house so I added their family to the bunch. The missionaries were on the schedule that is how all of this got started. So I called Kellan and Scott and Ethan and Katie. You know that Ethan and Katie are expecting right?

Write back sometime. I keep up with your blog weekly.

Love, Karen Ann