Well today was a day God made his presents felt. I got a promotion that was a 1 in a 1000000 shot. I have to be here 90 days before I am evan elageable for promotion. I applied to a diffrent base at 85 days. I got the promotion 5 days ago I wish they had told me. Management kept asking me when I was leaving. I told them I did not know I was. I will be going to Kirkuk. ( I am not sure i spelled that right ) We have a sayng were I work. ( they call were I work the Cove ) "What goes to the Cove stays in the cove" Everyone says you have to be here a year at least to get out. I prayed for this promotion and God gave it to me. The new base should be a little more lively. And it is significently more money. I am really excited about this. This will open up a hole new chapter in JJB's GA. And hopefully a little more interesting one. I am truly thankful for this oppertunity.
My mommy did such a great job when she posted. I was very touched. It was not what I had in mind for me either but this is were I belong. When I met My wounderful wife I told her " I am NOT moving to Kentucky and definetly NOT becoming Mormon" Moral of the story, If you want to make God Laugh tell him your plans.
Cindy I am just as mentaly unstable as I have ever been. I am just older and slower. It takes me longer to get to were the trouble is. By the time I get there I have time to rethink what I am doing. Ok so I chicken out. But it is not that I dont try and do the crazy stuff that everyone has grown to expect. I just lack the necessary ambition. Holly I always appericat your post. It was so nice when I got the box with all the card from the kids in it. Tell them they are in BIG trouble when I get home. I have had no one to pick on.
Phillip the Marines walk around here all day long with M249's straped to there side. There are 100's of them. But boy do they get an attude when I ask them for one. I tell them my son wants a sovenier. They just dont seem to be sold on the idea. They would not loan me an F18, or an abrams tank either. It is kind of hard to argue with a guy holding a M249. You may have to settle for dirt or dirt. Or maby some Iraqi money with Sadam on it. It is not worth the paper it is printed on.
Dina Stop picking on my puppies. I will be home in may and they will tell me all the mean things you do. Those poor babies dont like the new rules. I can't wait to get home. I really miss you and Kentucky ( evan though I will never move to Kentucky ) Being here makes me realize how blessed we are. We have so much to be thankful for. My goal is to be more appericative of what God has given us. I appericat you most of all. I hear so many sob stories here. I love you and thank God for you.
My next post should be from another base. I miss everyone so.
All my LOVE Jimmy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Dear Jimmy,
Congrats on your promotion. It is well deserving and yet I know they are hard to come by over there.
We are so proud of your tenacity.
See you soon.
Love, Darrell and Karen
Congrats! I am planning a party on Monday morning in the parking lot at LJ's school. I will be joined by the other moms celebrating the end of Spring break.
Take care - we love you
Cindy, LJ and Dennis
A raise, lets see. Two 8800GTX ultra, a Phenom 9600 quad core, I guess I should not splurge 1terabyte hd should be enough. 24" flat panel monitor with tv tuner(just incase I want to watch tv while i shoot my friends.) Well I guess since you are upgrading me I will let you have my old computer.
Post a Comment