Wednesday, April 2, 2008

New Base New Adventure

Well here I am at the new base. It is very diffrent. I was so far out in the middle of no were That evan the insurgents felt sorry for us. Now the city of Kirkuk is right outside one of the borders of the base. I can see the city clearly. I get radio sations from there. I dont understand a single word the say but I get the stations. I really like this base alot better. I had a great experance today. The guys I work with found out I was Mormon. At first they seemed to be shook up. But today at work one of the guys asked me to ansure a list of questions his wife had for me. Everyone stopped what they were doing to listen. This was a welcome change of conversation from hookers, alcohol, and cheating wifes and husbands. They evan seemed to stop swearing for the conversation. We ran out of time before he ran out of questions and they plan to team up on me again tomorrow. The best Part of my trip so far was when the said there was something diffrent about me. I explained I need to be a symble for our church and while I make mistakes I try my best. This is turning out to be a great adventure after all. It is funny that I was not nervus at all, evan when everyone stopped and gathered around to hear my ansures. The Spirit was with me and I knew it.
Dina make sure Phillip does not get ahold of any of our accounts. He seems to be ordering computers and big screen TV's. Elaina needs all our spare money to buy dirt bikes, and quads. She may need other stuff like computers and big screen TV's. Mr. Quiggles has needs to and we dont want Phillip to suck up the cash.
I come next month. I cant wait. It will only be 10 days. But I will be at home. I am really gald I came here but I reallly miss being home. Holly has not posted in a while I hope all is well. The kids will be so sorry when I get home. No more Mr. Nice guy. It will be all rules. And by the book. I just havent written the book yet. I will post again soon
Love Jimmy

7 comments:

Holly said...

Jimmy--
I am SO excited for you. I have been praying for about a week that you would have a chance to share the gospel--and have a great spiritual experience. I nearly jumped up and down as I read your blog. You ROCK!!!! Sharing the light of the gospel--it just doesnt get much better than that. And Dina is an angel--she is taking care of me as much as I do her. It is so nice to have a friend whose shoulder you can cry on from time to time. And don't worry about us--we have our house up for sale, but NO ONE has come to look at it yet. SO--all I can say is I cant wait until the BIG Jimmy comes home party, so I can DANCE the night away. I for sure wont be in Idaho . . . .

Anonymous said...

Jim,

This is a copy of Sandie's e-mail. I love the Eric information!

Here is an Eric update - Hello Everyone!



I think Brett and I finally are starting to get moved in and have non-work computers set-up. The only thing is I don’t have any of your email addresses.



Can you send me and email to the address below so I can add to my address book? I can send new pictures if you do!



sandisacramento@surewest.net



I have an update in the meantime; Eric discovered that the crib is no longer an obstacle. He is getting his big boy bed this weekend! It is so cute in the morning to hear the door open and there he comes down the hallway with his 3 blankies and Tiger. He doesn’t get out at night…yet… but Nanny and he have a big nap time fight everyday. She does win eventually even with a broken armJ





Thank You,

Sandie Petersen

Anonymous said...

Dear Jim,
I am so pleased with your new move and your promotion. I knew the day would come that you would turn your life over to the Lord.

This prayer sumarizes your transformation:

As children bring their broken toys with tears for us to mend:
I brough my broken dreams to God, because He was my Friend.
But then, instead of leaving Him in peace to work alone, I hung around and tried to help with ways that were my own.
At last I snatched them back and cried: "Lord how can you be so slow?"
My child, He said, "What could I do? You never did let go."

Now that I have your new address I will get some treats in the mail to you.

All my love,
Mom

marlene said...

Hey Jimmy
this is Marlene Gardner I went to dinner with Dina last night and had a great time. I hear there is going to be a great party when you get home can't weight keep up the missionary work and I am sure you are a great example of Christ.

Anonymous said...

They are talking about having a remote control car race at work. I think I am going to make them cry when I use yours. And then make you cry when i show you the picture of the wall as my brake at full throttle

Noelle said...

I haven't looked at your blog lately, but I thought I'd check up on you. I'm glad you are doing well. I'm glad you get a chance to come home for a while soon. In the mean time, take care of yourself. You rock!

Anonymous said...

Jim,

You are missing a fabulous Garage Sale in Hesperia! I can save my size dress for you if you want me to.