Thursday, April 24, 2008

Gratitude


"Gratitude is a Spirit-filled principle. It opens our minds to a universe permeated with the richness of a living God. Through it, we become spiritually aware of the wonder of the smallest things, which gladden our hearts with their messages of God's love. This grateful awareness heightens our sensitivity to divine direction. When we communicate gratitude, we can be filled with the Spirit and connected to those around us and the Lord. Gratitude inspires happiness and carries divine influence."

This made me think of my Jimmie. I am forever grateful to my husband!!!

It has been so long since I have blogged, I am ashamed :-(. We have been busy at the Smith home. We have gone from having to get a new water heater to my deal of the century of a new couch. But of course Quigley is still mourning from the loss of his old couch.

We have made it through Christmas, Valentines, Easter and lets not forget Elena Kennedy's Birthday. General Conference was just Divine and I received much needed comfort from. Which leads me back to that Gratitude thing. I am so grateful for having the gospel in our lives. For having the Priesthood restored here on earth. To have a Prophet, a revelator and a seer. I am grateful for the relationship with my Heavenly Father and my Husband's relationship with Heavenly Father. You know I could not do what I do as well as I do without the strength of my Husband. Jimmie you have taught me well :-)

We are planning a Day of work here at the house. Jimmie Darrell is in charge so do not worry. We are going to concentrate on the family room. He is going to help me finish the molding and columns. I am so excited to have the help.

Most of all I am counting the days. I am so looking forward to having you home. Hopefully the dogs will share.

Luv Ya

Giirrlll

2 comments:

Dina said...

If Mr. Quiggles want the old couch back go get it. You were soupposed to get his permission before getting rid of it.
I to am thank full for all of our blessings. We have so many it would be hard to name them one by one. I cant wait to get home. evan if it is only 19 days. 13 days and counting.
jimmy

Anonymous said...

Jim and Dina,

It must be awesome to know that Jim will be home soon. We are excited for you! You two have enough love for the whole world. I hope your time at home is everything you wanted and more.

Love
Cindy, LJ, Dennis