Ok today I hit rock bottom. I cant believe that I am in Iraq and Nothing exciting ever happens. So this has mostly been a big Yawn. After hearing how risky things are and the people dont like us, and the heat is misrable and all the other garbage I was hearing. The riskiest part of my day is getting out of my bed at 4:15am. I am still in a coma. The Iraqs I meet are alot of fun. They love getting there pictures taken with us. And today it SNOWED. All my hopes and dreams of excitment are crushed. The way is sounded in the job application was very diffrent. But I guess If the would have said. Job opening in Iraq qualified canidate would be able to Stay awake for 12 hours a day with nothing to do, Willing to use .00001% of there talent, Withstand the lafter of there friends when they find out your in camp cup cake, and feel good about sucking up a check that you did absolutly nothing to earn, Please Apply. I may have had a diffrent outlook. I am happy to be here, It gives me more reason to appericate the country that God Blessed and I live in. I get lots of time to read scriptures, so when Dina and I get the chance to go on a mission I will actually know somethng. I know that My lovely Wife is having a hard time as well. This is a learning experance for both of us. I pray we both appericat all that we have more when I return home. We have been greatly blessed with friends whom always help and familys that support our decesions. (2 perfect puppies) and our health. We have the gospel in our lives, which gives the understanding that there is a reason for all that happens. As I continue on the strange learning curve, I do so knowing that all will work out and there is a reason I am here. In the mean time it is snowing and boaring here at camp cup cake. But I have never been more thankful for the Blessed Nation family, frineds and gospel that sooner or later I will go home to.
Love always Jimmy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Jimmy--
I can't believe that it snowed in Iraq. I hope you took a picture. So much for global warming . . .
You and Dina are in our prayers often, and Steve scoured the store shelves to get some Postum for you (ok, so he MOSTLY did it to sell on ebay for an exhorbitent price-5 cans for over $100, but he saved some especially for you).
Oh--gospeldoctrine.com is a great sight to go to when you are looking for some extra insight to the scriptures you are reading!
Love to you.
Hi Jimmy,
This is a test - if it goes through, I'll write again.
Hi Jimmy,
I think the last test blog I sent went through so I'll write you a new letter.
Karen was "lucky" enough to be the only one home to walk me through it. You are taking me kicking and screeming into the 21st Century.
It is amazing how God works. He guided you to this remote place in Iraq so you could have time to learn about Him and the wonders He performs in our lives.
I didn't know we could send you things. If you need Postum I can send you some.
And in the outside chance you don't have a See's Candy in your area, I can send you some also.
You are in my thoughts and in my prayers.
Love,
Mom
Jimmy,
Sorry you are so bored and yet glad to hear that things are going so well. It is hard to tell by the news media in this part of the world. I am leaving a voice mail for Dina as I write to see if she wants to ride with us to Empty Nesters FHE.
I too am extremely grateful to live in this blessed nation. I grow so weary of those that complain all day and make rude remarks about our president. I wonder if they would all scream quite as loud if they tried to live in Iraq for a year or better yet Iran right now. Here they can scream as loud as they desire since someone is maintaining our freedoms to allow them to carry on.
Miss you terribly but grateful that the time is clicking by. I look at the calendar and realize that you have been gone about 1.5 months already.
It snowed her today for an hour or two.
How long does it take for you to get the snail mail that I send your way? From the date that is stamped on the outside that is until you receive it?
Have you been to church yet? Have you found other LDS servicemen if you have not been in church yet? I would imagine the scriptures take on a new light living in Babylon literally.
Love, Karen Ann Hanson
Post a Comment