Tuesday, January 8, 2008

jimmyjoebob's great adventure

Well today was the most fun so far. A small crew (including my self) was asked to go to the marine camp were they train the iraqi army. We were not sure we were allowed to be there. We did not care either . Off we went to install a AC/HEAT system. Every thing was going fine until we had to cut power to the electrical box to wire up the new system. ( I prefer to be carful and keep the power on but safty wimps are all around) we traced out the wires so we new what we were cutting power to. Than took an extra step and got the marines involved and told them what we were doing. They said OK. Seconds after we cut the power some VERY Painiced looking marines came up to us and explained that the hole section of the base we were on including the COC (command operations center) did as well. OOOOPPPPSSSI When I walked into the COC there were buzzers and bells going off. Everyone seem to be very nervious. So I asked "are those buzzers and bells the battery backups?" They said "No they are telling us are radios to the guys in the field are not working" OOOOOPPPPPPPSSIIIII
We better get the back up generator working than. After running around in circles for about half and hour and tracing wires we found out the problem had nothing to do with us. That hole section of the camp lost power due to an unrelated problem. We did not have the heart to tell them our stuff worked all along. We were running off a generator. I dont know what they were so worried about. Its not like we are in Iraq in a war zone. Any way the weather here is freezing 30 to 40 at night and around 70 in the day. When the sun goes down the temp goes with it. I hope all is well with everyone
Love Jim

4 comments:

Cindy Miller said...

The weather in Iraq is almost identical to the weather in Hesperia. It is about 38 at night and about 60 during the day. I am FREEZING.

LJ went back to school today. Holiday break is over and now he needs to get back into a real routine. He want to grow his hair out so I say what the heck. He distinctly has facial hair!

Cindy Miller said...

Election Update-John McClain, Republican- Hillary Clinton, Democrat (it was a very close race)
Only 2% of the population have held their primary elections.

I need to get off my rear and clean this house.

I have applied for 3 no brainer jobs.

love to all

Karentucky said...

Hello Jimmy. Loved your update about the electrical circus.
I sent you an inviation to my blog via your e-mail. Hope you are able to do that from Iraq. If not I will make it unprivate so you can view.

Jim I put your name on the Temple rolls again last night. Every two weeks they change them. So lots of prayers for two weeks and then you best hang on.

Dina is sending you the new Priesthood/RS manual plus the SS reading schedule.

Sun is out today a high of 52 yippee. Darrell is out with the missionaries tonight for HP splits. I am mariating steak to make fajitias.

We miss you so yet I see with the count down that you are a month into this adventure.

I have some notes from Institute taht I will type and mail along with another article.

The Lord puts the grafted branches of the Olive Tree in poor soil then he will nurture and turn into something beautiful. So see there is hope for you yet. Be nurtured away good man in poor soil.

Noelle said...

That sounds like it was exciting. Great story.