Well as month 2 comes to a close, I find myself waiting for month 12. However today I was finally able to get the times straght when the members get together. I was actually able to attend a meeting tonight. That made it a great night. With the passing of President Hinkley I find myself pondering the many blessings I as an individual and America as a country have been given. We have been blessed with so many great leaders. Our founding fathers signed the Declaration of Independance with thousands of troups in the harbor ready to kill them. Than they were able to fight it out with each other and come up with the Constatution. They were not perfect,but men are not perfect and wont be anytime soon. They were good enough for a modern day Profit to be born and begin the final desponsation. Most of our goverment leaders did a miraculous job with the problems they were faced with. The leaders of our church all did miricles in there lifetime which brought the church to were we are today. We truly do God's work. With the grace of God America as a nation and the Church of Jeasus Christ and of Latterday Saints both go forward indipendintly of one another and Feed, cloth, and educate people all over the world. When Americans are asked for help we give more than is required. When are chrurch leaders talk about a service project or someone in need more then is required step up happily. Presidently Hinkley once said
our lives are the symbol of our church. Presidently Hinkley's life was the Purest example of the symbol. He is now back in our Heavenly Home with his wife he missed so much. I am very happy for him. For the rest of poor people still on trile down here we still have to remember Chose The Right and Endure to the End. And some day with our familys we will see him again. I have a new question I will ask myself every night "did I Talk to someone about the gospel today?". I am so thankful for the people who talked to me.
Love Jim
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I so admire the LDS church for taking care of its own people! You do a fantastic job!! This should be the model for all people. Some one I admire very much is Joel Olsteen who recommends that we just "do a little bit more for everyone we meet" Pope John Paul the II was a tremdous loss. The church has not been the same since. Pope John Paul the II was the first one to say that only 2 commandments were import. 1) love God 2) love your neighbor. When we love fellow human beings we do no steal, cheat, lie, etc., to them.
I owe Dina a big huge letter for the wonderful letter she sent me. In moved me in a way that I am at a lost for words to describe.
Love
Post a Comment