Saturday, January 5, 2008

It started with Daises


Today was a busy day!!!! I finally found time to put away Christmas 2007. It was quite a perfect day for this rainy and gray. Listened to some great talks from and Jim and my business and before you new it, it was time for me to prepare to work in the Temple, but first I needed to go and deliver some much needed flowers for some friend's of ours. To bring you up to speed as to why that was my first stop. Yesterday we started out early and were on our way to a qtrly meeting in Frankfort KY with my Real estate Group. Well no sooner did we get the conference room setup and Realtors were piling in when my dear friend gets a call from the school that her Daughter (high school senior) was bleeding from a place she should not. So off she went to tend to her daughter an hour away, by the way. I am sure it felt like an eternity......so the conference went on without a hitch, one of the best we have had in awhile.
Well no sooner did we get back to Louisville same friends mother got the results of her Biopsy from a lump in her breast. The results were not good although they have got it early she will be now seeing a surgeon. All in one day, one family....
So Thank you for Service, I was off to deliver flowers that just happened to fall into my hands from another service evening the night before. Which lead me to what I could do for this other family. It was perfect, we visited and shared the comforts well needed by all three of us. What an amazing feeling, I felt the spirit like so many times before.
Which brings me to the Temple, well I thought I was scheduled to work (laundry for baptism's) which was cancelled and I wasn't even on the schedule anyway. So Sis Hatton whisked me off to the sealing room. As I was listening I realized only in this church you can for a moment be someone else. Many have often thought for a moment in crises or in a daydream have wished for a moment they were not themselves and were someone else. It was a silly thought, but at the same time I thought Today I was many someone else's in the sealing room. For time and all eternity families can be together for ever. What a wonderful gift. What a wonderful work!!!! I was in the service of our Lord today!!!! What great joy I have found today. I am full and I am grateful!!!!

3 comments:

Cindy Miller said...

Well today I continue think about cleaning the garage and the back yard. The house is a mess as well. I just can't find the enthusiasm to get this stupid stuff done. Also it is 38 degrees and I do not want to go outside.

Our new dog is a handful. She is part beagle and part boxer. She is getting fixed next week and I hope to hell she chills out.

Love to all

Cindy Miller said...

Your thoughts on eternity are fabulous. I wish I could get past the horrible loss I feel. The pain of losing Larry is much worse than I thought it would be. I feel comfort in knowing that "I will be waiting in heaven with open arms for you" I believe in heaven whatever caused us pain on earth will be gone and we will play tennis, skii etc.

On the happy side I HAVE SCORED 10 SEATS ON THE FIELD TO SEE TOM PETTY. THE NAME OF MY TEAM IS THE HIGH DESERT ROCKERS. I NEED TO FIND 10 PEOPLE WHO WILL GO TO HIS REHEARSAL, DRESS REHEARSAL, AND THE HALFTIME PERFORMANCE. HOW COOL IS THAT?

Anonymous said...

Howdy, the sun is shinning here after a huge storm. Eric was climbing the walls and so was mommy. You can only keep a 22 month old happy for so long in confined spaces. After a short time not only are mommy and baby miserable but so are dog and cat. They both had a happy life before baby now they have to suck it up…even when Eric is stealing their treats. We have officially entered watch what you say mode. Eric repeats everything but holds on tight to the worst of it. I am sure this is old hat to the old grandpa. His favorite two words are “cool car”. I think I hear that about 50 times a day for the past 50 days (feels like years). I would love to say that I can’t wait for the next two favorites but I am experienced enough to know they could be worse.