Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Years Day Camp Cup Cake

Well it is a new year. I got up this morning and looked around still dirt in all 360 degrees. Yea I am sill in Iraq. This place can get to you. But than I realized (in the middle of feeling sorry for my self) that the people of Iraq are not so fortunate as I. They will not be going home in a year, they still will not have electricty, and many will still be woundering how they will feed the family. Almost 4000 of our braveist have returned to there heavenly home and there familys are left behind. My New Years Resilution is to appericat what I have. And to be grateful for all the blessing including the One Nation Under God that has been givin to me. Lets all pray that the people In Iraq as well as the people in the many other troubled spots around the world find that 2008 will bring some sort of peace to there lifes. And maby evan give them the oppertunity to feel how great the feeling is when they get a chance to give service and help to someone else. I am so thankful for the example my friends and family have set for me. And all the people God has brought into my life. I finally figioured out that 2008 will be what I make it. As were all the other years.
Happy New Year
Jim

3 comments:

Cindy Miller said...

Jim,

Your prayer is heart felt. I pray for an end to the suffering in this country. That you have a job to come back to. End my diabetes so my son does not lose his mother as well as his father, make the clogged artery in heart open, stop my feet from hurting, I need to find a job with medical insurance because right now I have none.

Your cause is noble and you are a brave man. I see the broken families and the homeless in this country and it make me sick. I hope I do not hurt your feelings But why did my son get molested, why does he hurt, why do I hurt?

Just protect yourself
Love
Cindy

Holly said...

Jimmy--

Thanks for that entry. I agree, sometimes all it takes to make life seem more blessed is to count all that we do have and thank God for it. I truly believe that happy people aren't happy because everything is going right for them, they are happy because they focus on the good. Keep that smile on your face and that prayer in your heart, and not only will you be back before you know it, but you will touch many lives for good in the process.

Steven Casos said...

Jimmy Billy Bob-
Good to hear (read) your words. I'm glad that you are safe in Iraq, and a little bit jealous that I'm not there with you doing my thing. Your inspiring words ring true. Whenever I think that my life sucks, I just remember how abundantly I have been blessed, and then everything seems so much better. We love you and pray for your safety daily. -Steve